Pereira City Guide
Pereira is the Pearl of the River Otun, also known as the City Without Doors.
Unfortunately, many people we have encountered in our Colombian travels often have never heard of Pereira. It’s a biggish small city and the capital of the coffee region. A center of commerce and production, it is very progressive and modern compared to other parts of Colombia.
We have agriculture, hydroelectricity, and beautiful views. It’s a place for people who love nature, with hiking and camping only minutes away from the city center.
With your support Pereira City Guide can grow into our market niche and bring our readers MORE information, MORE frequently and with MORE accuracy!
Our blog vision is to help Pereira make a name in the world of Expat Life and Tourism with a Four-Prong marketing strategy which benefits the local economy and helps to grow our audience:
- Pereira City Guide (dot) com is publishing frequent blog posts which are documenting the destinations, attractions and services that Pereira has to offer visitors. We are the only English-language website of its type and many of our topics have never been written about before.
- High Quality Content, bringing readers information about local shops, restaurants and cafes. We come to you and take pictures, interview as needed, write gobs of notes, and craft creative curated content which will show your local attraction or business in a positive light. We won’t make things up, but we will report with accuracy.
- Business Pages are helping local businesses of good value and service to connect with potential visitors and offering bonuses and discounts to page viewers who share a business page via social media. Locations are shown via Google maps too.
We are so grateful for all our readers, your comments, likes, shares and participation. Thank you for your love and positive energy.
About the Editor – Admin
Meet Erin Donaldson. With a background in agriculture, writing was an unexpected career turn. In her home country, Erin had faced the challenge of limited opportunities which inspired her to move abroad in 2011.
It was time to do something different! She quit her boring dead-end sales job, sold everything, and went to South America.
Her first foray into the world of blogs and websites was in 2012, and started with her first blog www.openmindedtraveler.com. One day, she realized that there really wasn’t a local authority on tourism and information, in English. And that idea turned into Pereira City Guide.com. Together with some consulting from European web developer Phill Wess, Erin carefully planned Pereira City Guide (dot) com, as a small blog – with huge potential.
Today, Pereira City Guide, is becoming a household name, as locals, expats and visitors discover the value of high quality and accurate information about our beautiful city.
Now, Erin is a professional Freelance writer, Amateur Journalist, Blogger and Influencer. Articles published in print and online media, and include publications like: Colombia Reports, World Nomads, KimKim.com, International Living Magazine, Steemit.com, CoffeeAxisTravel.com and OpenMindedTraveler.com.
Media Appearances: 2019/2020 Participant in El Eje Capital de Todos on Telecafe, 2016 TV Reality Show Mochileros Participant, 2017 Appearance by Invitation on “Entre Mujeres” Telecafe interviewed about PereiraCityGuide.com. Articles Writing/Travel Blogging/Online and Print Publications/Graphic Design/Slideshare/Social Media/Influencer. 2018, featured on La Voz de Los Andes Radio, Radio Caracol, La Patria, Canal CNC Regional and more.
Content Sponsorship & Advertising
Become a Content Sponsor and help spread the word about your positive message, local business or quality product!
Here’s how it works
We have a biggish small website and the most well-positioned authority in English about travel and lifestyle in Pereira.
With YOUR help we can:
- Produce new content when you sponsor a blog article About Pereira. Help us create a bigger database of high quality up-to-date information about Pereira. Receive credit and special recognition. And, help us to cover the costs of expanding our content platform.
- Sponsor a Pueblo Travel Guide. The idea is to create and publish a post for each pueblo in the Coffee Axis. Each post will have beautiful photos, information and content which will detail: where to stay, where to eat, where to drink coffee/tea and what to do for fun.
- Place Your Ad in popular articles and posts. We will be publishing information about new content, local events and lifestyle information about Pereira on a monthly basis. Great exposure and backlink opportunity for your blog, website or small business!
We have reached 2000+ LIKES on Facebook only 2 years after launch!
Most Popular articles for the first quarter of 2018:
Pereira City Guide in the Media
La Cebra Que Habla: lacebraquehabla.com/erin-donaldson-la-gringa-que-se-enamoro-de-pereira_/
If you want to help out, send us an email today at PereiraCityGuide@gmail.com or via our Facebook page: facebook.com/pereiracityguide/