Professional Football Stadium, Olympic Sized Swimming Pool complex, Largest Skatepark in Colombia, Expofuturo: Conference Center, and more. Can be reached via Megabus. Estadio I and Estadio II alimentador (or feeder bus).
The story of La Villa was part of a beautiful chapter of Pereirano history.
Pereira won her name as a progressive city valiantly, and probably more than anything, through this one episode. It came about that the people of pereira wanted their own soccer/football stadium. The federal government refused to fund the project, or didn’t have the money. In the end, more than 50,000 people participated in the initial construction of the sports complex that includes an olympic sized swimming pool, stadium, and additional outbuildings. It was a community effort that survived in spite of shortages in funds and a shameful lack of government support. The “pueblo” of Pereira got together and made it happen through their own sweat, labor and materials.
La Villa Olympica includes the following:
– Olympic sized swimming pool.
– Semi-pro soccer stadium
– Pereira Skatepark
– Expofuturo Conference Center
– Skate and Cycling School
– Karate School
– Tennis Courts
– Basketball Courts
– Soccer fields
– Feel free to update us if we missed anything!
– Megabus: From el Centro. Catch east-bound Megabus until you arrive, not at a regular bus stop but at a large station where you can get off to catch feeder busses. Then go to the line for “Estadio II.” The ride won’t take long, you’ll go down past Unicentro, towards Cerritos, then loop back around and go in to where La Villa is. When you pass ExpoFuturo you have entered the complex and can get off in whatever part you need.
– Taxi: Ask for La Villa Olympica and then the area you need ex. “el parte de la piscina”
Help us improve the translation for your language
You can change any text by clicking on (press Enter after changing)