About Pereira City Guide
Pereira is the Pearl of the River Otun, also known as the City Without Doors.
Unfortunately, many people we have encountered in our Colombian travels often have never heard of Pereira. It’s a biggish small city and the capital of the coffee region. A center of commerce and production, it is very progressive and modern compared to other parts of Colombia.
We have agriculture, hydroelectricity, and beautiful views. It’s a place for people who love nature, with hiking and camping only minutes away from the city center.
With your support Pereira City Guide can grow into our market niche and bring our readers MORE information, MORE frequently and with MORE accuracy!
Our blog vision is to help Pereira make a name in the world of Expat Life and Tourism with a Four-Prong marketing strategy which benefits the local economy and helps to grow our audience:
- The eBook “Pereira City Guide” provide’s an interactive take-the-info-wherever-you-go experience. We frequently offer this eBook for FREE via Amazon Kindle Promotions – to help ensure max engagement. Plus, each sale helps pay our upkeep!
- Pereira City Guide (dot) com is publishing weekly blog posts that are documenting the destinations, attractions and services that Pereira has to offer visitors. We are the only English-language website of its type and many of our topics have never been written about for this audience.
- High Quality Content, bringing readers information about local shops, restaurants and cafes. We come to you and take pictures, interview as needed, write plenty of notes, and craft content curated to show your local attraction or business in the best positive way. We won’t make things up, but we will report with accuracy and performance.
- Business Pages are helping local businesses of good value and service to connect with potential visitors and offering bonuses and discounts to page viewers who share a business page via social media. Locations are shown via Google maps too.
We are so grateful for all our readers, your comments, likes, shares and participation. Thank you for your love and positive energy.
About the Editor – Admin
Meet Erin Donaldson. With a background in agriculture, particularly horse-management and horse-show judging, writing was an unexpected career turn. Like many Americans during this recession, Erin has faced the challenge of limited jobs and opportunities, especially in agriculture.
It was time to do something different! She quit her boring sales job, sold everything (even her beautful show saddle), and went to South America.
Her first foray into the world of blogs and websites was in 2012, and started with her first blog www.openmindedtraveler.com . One day, she realized that there really wasn’t a local authority on tourism and information, in English. And the idea turned into Pereira City Guide.com. Together with some input from European web developer Phill Wess, Erin carefully planned Pereira City Guide as a small blog – with huge potential.
Today, Pereira City Guide, is becoming a household name, as locals, expats and visitors discover the value of high quality, accurate information about our beautiful city.
Content Sponsorship & Advertising
Become a Content Sponsor and help spread the word about your positive message, local business or quality product!
Here’s how it works
We have a biggish small website which is still essentially a blog about Pereira.
With YOUR help we can:
- Help us produce new content every week by sponsoring a blog article. Help us create a bigger database of high quality up-to-date information about Pereira. Receive credit and special recognition. And, help us pay the costs of expanding our content platform.
- Sponsor a Pueblo Travel Guide. The idea is to create and publish a post for each pueblo in the coffee axis. Each post will have a high quality designed Slideshare which will detail: where to stay, where to eat, where to drink coffee/tea and what to do for fun.
- Place Your Ad in popular articles, posts and in the popular monthly eMagazine. Reach over 120 subscribers! We will be sending information to our subscribers about new content, local events and lifestyle information about Pereira in a monthly eMagazine. Great exposure and backlink opportunity for your blog, website or small business!
We have reached 1000 LIKES on Facebook only 1 year after launch! Photo taken May 11th, 2017!
In the month of April we had over 2,000 page views! And almost 1,500 users…
Long Term Analysis for 2017:
Our numbers are growing at a steady rate. By 2018 we expect to reach 2,000 people per month. This is an organic rate of growth as we are not paying for advertising. Our numbers grow by social media planning, backlinks, organic search results and in-person networking which happens constantly.
If you want to help out, send us an email today at PereiraCityGuide@gmail.com or via our Facebook page: facebook.com/pereiracityguide/